Saturday, April 25, 2009

Yummy yummy in my tummy...

Here is a pooular recipe that I have adapted to work for me since I need to eat low-fat...please remember that I am NOT the one who came up with the original recipe (I don't need to worry about any copyright issues...;) )

Low-Fat Ritz Chicken Casserole

6 Chicken Breasts
2 Cans of Reduced fat Cream of Chicken Soup
8oz. Low-fat/Non-fat Sour Cream
1 Tube of Reduced fat Ritz Crackers
1 Tbsp. of Celery Salt (originally calls for Celery Seed, but I don't like biting into a seed and getting a burst of celery flavor...yuck!)
1 1/2 sticks of Low-fat margerine (melted)

Boil chicken breasts until tender, bone and cut into bite sized pieces.
In a bowl, mix together 2 cans soup, celery salt, sour cream, and cut-up chicken.
Spray your casserole dish with a cooking spray that has no fat content then spread soup and chicken mixture into the dish.
Crush the Ritz crackers and spread over the top of the soup mixture, then drizzle the melted margerine over the top of the casserole.
Cook for 40 minutes at 350 degrees.
Let cool for 5 minutes before serving, it will be HOT.
Makes 4-6 servings.

I hope you enjoy this recipe if you make it, I know that it is one of my favorites. If you don't have chicken breasts you can use a whole chicken instead but the dark meat adds some fat to the dish (but it does make for a slightly better flavor...fat IS flavorful), just boil the chicken until tender an then de-bone and cut into bite sized pieces. You could also keep the broth if you boil a whole chicken and use it to make a soup of some kind...why not get the most out of the chicken right?

Bon Appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment