Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines Day!



Normally Valentines Day for me is a sad day since I am not married or in a relationship. I can only recall 2 Valentines days in my entire life in which I had a "Valentine"; the first being when my first boyfriend asked my out in the last few hours of the day and the second being when I had a long-distance boyfriend who was home and across the country from me. Both of these scenarios are not what I would consider prime examples of showing love on a day that is dedicated to love and romance from someone special.





This year I was making a special point of not dwelling in what I did not have in my life and being depressed about not having a significant other in my life to shower love, quality time, and gifts upon me for this day of love and romance. I will tell you that I was successful in that, but that is not the best part about Valentines day this year.





The best part is that God showered love and blessings on me for not only Valentines day, but the day before as well. The blessings came through various different things; things such as waking up to take a shower on Friday morning and there being a valentine's gift on the counter from my parents, many different students taking time in their day to get permission from their classroom teacher to bring me little valentine's cards and candies that they had made for me (though this is my 4th year at this school it is the first time that the students have behaved this way towards me on Valentine's, normally I am watching them bringing gifts to their classroom teachers and friends but don't get even as much as a "Happy Valentine's Day Miss Richardson" from them), I recieved not only a letter in the mail and emails but a phone call from my closest friend even though she is in Spain, and I decided to buy myself flowers this year...why should I have to wait for a man to buy me roses when I can buy them myself?





I feel incredibly blessed this year on this day of love and romance because each of these blessings is from God himself. He is showing me through the people in my life that mean so much to me that He loves me and cares for me very deeply and that even if I never have what the world calls a "Valentine" I can know that God will always be my Valentine not only on this day of February 14th, but every day.





So, I want to take this opportunity to say publicly:
I LOVE YOU GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment